2012. febr. 27.

Bagel

It was a busy weekend guys! I planned to post this recipe on Friday or at least on Saturday... but it's Monday. It's just the second post, and I'm already in late.... What I'd like is to share my fav recipes with You every other day... This is a big pledge.

But the main point is the BAGEL.

I first thought about to make bagels at home when I read this. Then I googled for more recipes and I found one which was the basic of mine. I did some changes (because it wouldn't be me:-). 

You'll need:

11g yeast (dried)
3 tbs of sugar
2 tsp of salt
500 g flour
300 ml warm water
poppy/sunflower and sesame seed to sprinkle on top


When the bagels take a bath

The process:

Mix the yeast, 1 tbs sugar and 100 ml warm water together. Set aside. It takes 5 to 10 min to become frothy.

Put 250g flour, the rest of the water and the salt in a bowl and merge it. Then add the rest of the flour and keep kneading 'till the dough become soft, elastic but not sticky. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover it with a dish-cloth and put in a warm place. I heat my  oven to 40 - 45 Celsius. It takes 30 min to double the dough.

When the dough is doubled I heat up the oven to 220 Celsius. On a floured surface I divided the dough on 12 pieces. Form the pieces into  plane balls and cut 3 cm wide rounds from the middle.

And now, it's time to cook! Bring water to the boil and cook the bagels  for 1 - 2 minutes. (Do not cook  more than 4 bagels at a time).


Place the bagels on a baking dish (I always use grease - proof paper under), sprinkle with the seeds, set in the oven and bake it for 20-25 minutes, until browned.

I hope You give it a try!

XOXO, The Foodista

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...